PDA

View Full Version : copying buildings

lsj
2006-05-04, 10:27 PM
I have a 2 story townhouse that is repeated 16 times, each unit at a different ff elevation.Is there any easy way to do this?

Andre Baros
2006-05-04, 11:03 PM
Create a new file which is your site and link the building back in 16 times. You would have one file for your building and 1 file for your site.

archjake
2006-05-04, 11:04 PM
I'd just show the elevation on the site plans / civil.

Leave it off all the other drawings.

Roger Evans
2006-05-04, 11:29 PM
Does this handle rotated & mirrored plans?

lsj
2006-05-05, 12:43 AM
I need to be able to edit the building elevations( they are grouped in 3's and 5's) as a whole and deal gracefully with the change in elevation of the facades. What's so cool about revit is designing holistically in 3d.

archjake
2006-05-05, 03:20 PM
I need to be able to edit the building elevations( they are grouped in 3's and 5's) as a whole and deal gracefully with the change in elevation of the facades. What's so cool about revit is designing holistically in 3d.
This sounds like you'll need each model to be different. I don't see any workaround from this. Bummer.

Justin Marchiel
2006-05-05, 03:24 PM

This is one solution that i used to use in adt that might work here. Build your building without finishes on the exterior walls. Assemble them together an add the finish in the linked file. obvisouly it doesn't work if window location or the floor plan is different, but allows you to keep the same floor plan and have different exterior finishes for different groupings of buildings.

Justin