PDA

View Full Version : Custom Column Plan Cut Incorrect

rclocker
2006-05-04, 11:18 PM
I've created a simple column family, round column with 8" deep square drop capital at the top. To indicate the capital above in a plan cut, I've added dashed symbolic lines. The odd thing that is happening is that Revit is only cutting half the columns correctly (see screenshot). Sometimes they display as intended, other times they display as if the column and its capital were below the cut plane. The properties are identical and they are in the correct location in section and 3D.

Any ideas what's going on and how to fix it?

patricks
2006-05-04, 11:22 PM
Is there anything else in the model beside the columns? I'm guessing the columns with the solid lines in plan are touching something else above? When columns touch other model elements, they sometimes take on screwy plan representations.

rclocker
2006-05-05, 12:31 AM
Thanks - I checked for differences above but could not find anything. I also tried loading into a blank project with nothing else modeled and had the same display issue. I can hide the column capital in Plan/RCP views, but then the symbolic dashed line I set up to indicate capital above in plan also shows up in RCP -- apparently symbolic lines show up in all parallel projections (to the one in which they were created).

Attached is the column family, in case someone notices something poorly created. It sounds like Revit has issues with columns, though.

Shaun v Rooyen
2006-05-05, 09:12 AM
rclocker.
I had a look and cannot re-duplicate your problem. Is there not something wrong with your template file?

Why have you made this as a Column family and not a Structural Family? Is it decorative or Structural?
If it is Structural, it just makes it easier to place with "grid intersection".

randolph.fritz102047
2006-05-08, 08:14 PM
If you're using OpenGL, try turning it off.Check the "graphics" tab under settings>options.