PDA

View Full Version : View a part of a building (e.g. one floor) in 3D view

a-mi
2006-05-05, 02:05 PM
Please tell me how can I easily adjust a 3D view of a multistoreyed building with only one given floor to be dispayed?

Thanks.

Anton

Andre Baros
2006-05-05, 02:26 PM
Create a new 3d view then go to View>Orient>To other view... and pick the plan of the floor you want to view. Now spin the view around till it looks right and adjust the top and bottom clipping planes as required.

crarchitect
2006-05-05, 05:58 PM
You could control which objects display in any given view with some selective workset control but that is a different solution. Anyhow you can control the crop regions of a 3D view. Here's my latest find:

Go to a 3D view>view properties>section box. Click on the section box option. Now you can adjust how the 3D view is cropped. Drag the handles for the top and bottom extents of your desired view, and voila: Cropped 3D view.

Cool. Live sections. Takes me back to my SDRC days. How long has this function been tucked away in the help file?

Joef
2006-05-05, 06:49 PM
I guess this is such common knowledge we forget that it might not be so common. There is a tutorial under Viewing and Rendering- Presentation Views - that shows how this feature is used in creating an "analytique". It is a pretty good tutorial.

Joe