PDA

View Full Version : PDF printing problem

Griff
2006-05-05, 05:50 PM
I need to send this package to our print-shop but for some reason I can't get my 22x34 format drawings to print a full size PDF. They keep chopping off part of the format or shrinking it down so that it isn't to scale. Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I am using Revit 9, with the "Revit PDF writer 4.2" print driver.

Tom Weir
2006-05-05, 08:53 PM
Griff,
Use a different driver. That is an older driver that does not work too well anymore. Do you have the "Adobe PDF" driver? That is what I use.

I also experienced a chopping off of sheets on my Xerox 6050 plotter when printing PDF files and needed to add postrcipt to the plotter firmware, and use a postcript driver, the hp4000ps . Could that be the problem?

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

patricks
2006-05-05, 10:19 PM
Yeah we always have to use a PostScript version of our Oce printer driver. If we try to print PDF's on the regular Oce driver, it just flat out refuses to even send the file to the printer.

dhurtubise
2006-05-06, 01:23 AM
We use PDF995 which works great

Comach
2006-05-06, 01:44 AM
It is probably related to your margins. You should be able to manipulate the margin parameters in the plot config - by reducing or in some cases removing entirely the margins in the custom paper sizes.

Alternatively you might consider printing to a postscript file (PS) and setting up the Adobe Distiller to convert to PDF ( I am assuming you have Adobe Acrobat - if not you can download a trial copy). This process can provide additional options to ensure you get the results you want.

I mainly use the latter for creating PDFs as I can also setup watched folders according to the eventual drawing size I want. This works fine from Autocad but I have not tried this from Revit.