PDA

View Full Version : night scene

MMoussa
2004-05-26, 06:06 PM
I can't get the interior lights to shine from the indside out in a night scene... wondering how exactly to setup a night scene.... would the glass panels be selected as daylights? would i set the scene to exterior or interior? sun off? or ON but time set to night?
HELP !

SkiSouth
2004-05-26, 06:23 PM
As far as the sun goes, if its dusk, it will contribute. If night, then turn it off. Set for interior if model not too complicated and be sure to run radiosity and the lights that you are rendering are selected as on, and that they are truly lights that have a lumen output. (If your using standard lights don't worry - they'll work)

Set your resolution to be 75 dpi, and your time and location to be appropriate ( after dark). Run a test Radiosity then Ray trace. Be sure your bounce for glass is 3 or 4. If all goes well you should see a
quick study of what you're after. If it crashes on radiosity, just run it as
an exterior model, then ray trace. Once your satisfied with the low res, either go for a medium render or a high res render.

When you up the resolution, unless you have a hoss of a machine, depending on the complexity of the model you can expect quite a wait to
get an image - just be patient - If your low res image is what you want the high resolution will be there - It will just look like your machine died.

A good check is to start Task Manager before you start your rendering, and then switch to process view. There you can check the memory as Revit chews up the resources need to render. It will click away while working. :lol: If the memory usage is increasing then Revit is still working away - no need to panic-

If you need more help, keep posting you'll find your answer here, or after today - At AUGI..... :roll:

brentcarlson892079
2004-06-01, 05:16 PM
I set it up as an exterior night view. I make sure I set the time of day with the sun below the horizon.

If you want the view to have no "moonlight", turn off the sun.

One thing to check is the Lighting... button. Make sure your interior lights you want to show are turned on. And when you start the Raytrace, check NO to the warning that asks if you want the interior lights turned off.

The glass panels only have to be selected as daylights for interior day views that you want the sun to shine thru the glass.

Hope this helps