PDA

View Full Version : 'Working section' management/cleanup

dfriesen
2006-05-05, 09:18 PM
I love the ability to cut sections through all over the place to assist in modeling the building, but after a while, it gets a little out of hand. Thanks to the Customizing the Project Browser (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=35295) thread, I've at least able to organize them there, and I've made a different section head so they're less obtrusive, but there's still a lot of clutter.

Do you regularly delete the 'working sections', and just remake them as needed? I'm thinking of instituting that policy, and just wondering what other people do.

Tom Weir
2006-05-05, 10:20 PM
Hi,
Yes, I make and erase sections all the time. For sections that are being used I have started to lock them down so they do not get moved by mistake. I like your idea of using a separate section head.

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

Wes Macaulay
2006-05-06, 12:15 AM
We actually have a section style called "Temporary Sections" whose section tag defines the head and tail with the Section Tail families. This way one of the "tails" is blue so you can still double click on it. We've got our print setups to never print unreferenced views, so they never print. :cool:

Steve_Stafford
2006-05-06, 03:00 AM
Setup a floor plan that uses a scale that is wildly too large...like 3"=1'-0". Add your working sections to that view and set their Hide at Scales Coarser Than parameter so they don't show up at that scale (default). Now none of these working sections will appear in normal scale views...work?