PDA

View Full Version : room tags with phases

roula
2006-05-06, 01:25 AM
I am working on a renovation project with existing and new phases.
Everything i add to the plan goes as new construction.

Room tags that I inserted are not visible.. (I started them in 8.1 and have upgraded to 9)
I know i put them in the model. They show as room boundary and when I right click on them I cannot change Properties from new to Existing.

How do i get them to show up?? My room visibility is checked and room tags visibility is checked.
I am putting multiple room tags on top of each other..

iru69
2006-05-06, 02:06 AM
It might have to do with your phasing?

This topic has been discussed a lot - did you do a search on the forum?

I just happened to be looking through the archives of Steve Stafford's blog "Revit OpEd" and he has an entry on this subject Phases, Views & Rooms (http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2006/02/phases-views-and-rooms.html).

Steve_Stafford
2006-05-06, 03:18 PM
I'm not sure that article will apply to his issue since it is based on 8.1 behavior. Switching phases in 9.0 you'll find the tags disappear but return if the phase is reset. If the tags were "deleted" during upgrade for some reason the rooms ought to still be there. Just tag them again. The rooms are phase aware and belong to the phase of the view they were created in, according to the phase of the view when they were originally placed.

roula
2006-05-08, 12:50 PM
I went ahead and deleted the previous room tags (from 8.1) and put new room tags in the correct phase and showed them as existing. Was that a mistake?
I still see the old schedule can i delete it and generate a new schedule?
Thanks for your reply!