PDA

View Full Version : Witness line dimension out of view!

blumarble
2006-05-06, 10:55 PM
I can't seem to figure out how to change the setting for this. If you look at the attached image, I'm trying to place a door zoomed in fairly close to the location for placing it. But my witness dimension is way out of view and I have to zoom out to see it as I'm placing the door. How can I get the dimenion to stay closer to the door or object I'm inserting so that I can see it? Thanks!

nole
2006-05-07, 07:46 AM
Hi there!
In such cases I make permanent dimension and select object that I want to move. Black color of permanent dimension turns to blue, letting to know that You can modify it.

Raymond Ncube
2006-05-08, 01:23 PM
Activate the dimension tool / go to its Properties > Edit New > you will be able to change your dimension styles there.
Did you zoom out then selected your object then your zoomed in, If that’s the case your temporary dimensions will be as far from the object as it appears on that thumbnail.
You have to zoom in then select your object to activate temp dimensions.

patricks
2006-05-08, 01:44 PM
I think he was saying he selected the object while zoomed in, yet the temp dimension appears way off the screen. I've also noticed it doing this, and it is quite annoying.

blumarble
2006-05-09, 07:53 PM
That's essentially right; the screen capture I posted was taken while placing a door. As soon as the temp dimension appears... that's the problem, the extension lines appear but the dimension is off the screen.