PDA

View Full Version : Error 1723 on the new Revit build #20060426-2300

jkh
2006-05-07, 12:14 AM
Hello all,

Has anybody run into this Error 1723? There is a problem with this windows installer package. A dll required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personal or package vendor.

I have deleted the download and re-downloaded the exe. package and still get the same error code. I have tried this on 2 different machines 1 running Windows XP and the other running Windows 2000 both come up with the same error.
This is a standalone install it has uninstalled my previous R 9 1st build and the tech support web site is down for the weekend and looks like I am down for the weekend. Anyone else having the same problem?

James K. Hinton,CPBD
Reynolds, GA

nole
2006-05-07, 06:00 AM
Hi there!
Two days ago I've installed new build and everything went fine, no problems at all.

beegee
2006-05-07, 06:56 AM
This error could indicate that the installation was interrupted before it completed. It indicates a call to a custom action DLL packaged inside the MSI file.
Try removing Revit 9 and installing it again. Use the Add / Remove hardware tool to manually uninstall.

Installing IE6 is another possible fix. ( ! )

This problem can also happen when your computer uses First Aid 98, First Aid 2000, or the technical support program that is called HelpSpot. Naturally, disable all AV progs before the new install.

Also, before attempting the reinstall, turn on logging ….

Windows includes a registry-activated logging services to help diagnose Windows Installer issues.

Open the registry with Regedt32.exe and create the following path and keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
Reg_SZ: Logging
Value: voicewarmup

The letters in the value field can be in any order. Each letter turns on a different logging mode. Each letter's actual function is as follows for MSI version 1.1:
v - Verbose output
o - Out-of-disk-space messages
i - Status messages
c - Initial UI parameters
e - All error messages
w - Non-fatal warnings
a - Start up of actions
r - Action-specific records
m - Out-of-memory or fatal exit information
u - User requests
p - Terminal properties
+ - Append to existing file
! - Flush each line to the log

"*" - Wildcard, log all information except for the v option. To include the v option, specify "/l*v".

Once activated, the log files that are generated may be found in your TEMP directory.

If you still have no luck, please log a support call.

Chad Smith
2006-05-15, 06:16 AM
Hi James, did you manage to get the software intalled?
I've hit the same error on one of our PC's. I know the install .exe is good as it's worked flawlessly on other PC's.

spikemann
2006-05-16, 03:59 PM
I too have this error on a couple of pc's but its fine on others. Again, I had installed the build off the DVD first then uninstalled before trying to install the new build. Though I have done that same process on another machine and it worked fine.

Any one got a solution for this ?

Thanks

Chad Smith
2006-05-23, 09:21 PM
Has anyone managed to find a solution to this issue? I now have 3 PC's that aren't cooperating.
It's funny that installing from the CD with the first build works fine, but the newer downloadable build doesn't.

DaveP
2006-05-24, 01:03 AM
Haven't seen this issue myself, but I've noticed that the typical pattern is that a new build often comes out the last Friday of the month. I'm holding off mt big roll-out until next week.:wink:

jkh
2006-05-24, 11:40 AM
Hey Chad,

No I have not been able to successfully install the new build. Thought I was the only one having any trouble. Support says only one other case on this error. My case has gone to development but that was over 2 weeks ago. I believe that it is a Windows O.S. related issue. I'm surprised that there are not more reported cases, funny that I have 2 systems and neither of them will install. Maybe a new build will be released soon and we will be able to install.

James Hinton

Elmo
2006-05-24, 01:05 PM
Hi guys, I've tried to find the solution to this problem and I'm not sure if it's correct. It seems as though there have been other applictions that have had the same situation and for those situations the people installed Internet Explorer 6 and it was fixed.Let me know if this has solved your problem.

Cheers Clinton.

Chad Smith
2006-05-24, 09:14 PM
James: Support told me that they have only 2 other cases, but I have 3 PC's (that I have tried now) that won't install it. I have temporarily installed the CD install (which works) until a solution is found.

Beegee & Clinton: Thanks for the suggestion I will give updating IE a go.

beegee
2006-05-25, 07:46 AM
>>>>.

Installing IE6 is another possible fix. ( ! )
>>>>>
sigh.......

kshawks
2006-05-25, 03:12 PM
We had the same problem on one computer and the other computer (identical computer) no problem. I did a windows patch update and then it loaded. I believe its a windows explorer problem.

Elmo
2006-05-25, 03:28 PM
sigh.......HEHE, I noticed that a little after I posted but at least it brought their attention to your original solution.:)

Chad Smith
2006-05-25, 08:17 PM
sigh.......Damn, sorry Beegee, I don't know how I missed your original IE suggestion. :shock: I will be giving it a go today sometime.

davidwlight
2006-05-25, 09:54 PM
Chad,

If you are using Windows xp, make sure you have service pack 2 loaded. I discovered this on some of our PC's. Revit 9 would install fine from the DVD shipping version on all PC's, however when I did the update using the latest build some would install , others wouldn't. It would get to 60% then bomb; I tracked it down to service pack 2. Those PC's that didn't load have Windows XP service pack 2 loaded and the latest build of Revit wouldn't install. Once sp 2 had been loaded, everything was fine.

Chad Smith
2006-05-25, 09:56 PM
Nuh, they are running Win2000 + SP4.

Chad Smith
2006-08-04, 02:38 AM
A solution has been offered from my local reseller, who suggested installing the latest Microsoft Installer (http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=U&start=2&q=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx%3Ffamilyid%3D889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c&e=9797&sig=__qugthnQaxSCDgCRcxTQo7KQeH90=) software, which in this case was version 3.1.