PDA

View Full Version : Fascia query

PeterJ
2003-06-03, 02:25 PM
I don't think this one has been addressed here yet.

I have a simple fascia and yet I struggle to get it to act correctly. I have modelled a roof as a 50 mm plate to just represent the tiles, the other elements I can deal with later. The existing condition has a raked fascia and a raked soffit, basically following the rafter feet.

I can rake the mitre but no matter what I try with the mitring options it won't mitre as I want it at the junction between the gable and eaves. This is all done using the stock fascia profile, it that effects things.

All help gratefully received. N/S GSOH MWM etc.

P

Yman
2003-06-03, 06:06 PM
Is it the same single fascia sweep or is it 2 separate ones. If they are separate then delete the one select the other sweep (probably the eave fascia one) and and then select the add/ remove segments and then select your rake fascia. It should miter.

Y

Henry D
2003-06-03, 06:36 PM
Hey Peter,

This is off the topic, but I want to know if you used the sweep or extrude command to get all that hair - I need some too!

PeterJ
2003-06-04, 08:34 AM
Unfortunately I used the time machine tool and set the phase to previous. The picture dates from the Christmas before I moved into my current house and that is seven or eight maybe even nine years ago now.

I still flick ,y head to get the hair out of my eyes from time to time, I think its like having a wooden leg and feeling your toes itch.

P

PeterJ
2003-06-04, 08:47 AM
Chris

These are a single fascia sweep and in fact they were created sequentially, so the faces you look at in the image are items 1 and 2 from 6 swept elements all done as one fascia sweep. None of them mitre properly, whether set with the angle shown or if simply left square.

P

Yman
2003-06-04, 02:24 PM
Boy, I don't know what to tell you. I haven't run into this yet. I've had problems with shed roof at the top of the roof the fascia not mitering right. I have had some weird things like the fascia not being square to the roof line and what I did there was remove a segment or two and then placed them in the fascia sweep again and everything worked :roll:

Y.

PeterJ
2003-06-05, 09:39 AM
Thanks for looking at it Chris.

It aggravates me because it is a feature of an existing building that I need to overcome. I may end up messing around with some voids to overcome the issue.

Have you found the shape handles on fascias to be useful yet?

Pete