PDA

View Full Version : Change a Hatch from drafting to Model

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-05-09, 06:12 AM
How can I change a Hatch from drafting to Model
and the hatch pattern is not in the .pat files?

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-05-09, 08:08 AM
Hi Mark,
If you have one of the .pat files (I assume),
Do a windows search for *.pat
this is the pattern editor file

The name may contain any ASCII characters except for comma. They are shown in the list of
imported patterns. The comma and comment are optional. They are ignored by Revit. The header
may be followed by one of the following type directives:
%TYPE=DRAFTING or
%TYPE=MODEL
If neither directive is present, Revit assumes that it is a drafting pattern.

Example if this was your drafting pattern:

*Aluminum, Aluminum (cut)
;%TYPE=DRAFTING
45, 0, 0, 0, 0.25
45, 0.0625, 0, 0.25, 0.25
45, -0.0625, 0, 0.25, 0.25

Change to:

*Aluminum, Aluminum (cut)
;%TYPE=MODEL
45, 0, 0, 0, 0.25
45, 0.0625, 0, 0.25, 0.25
45, -0.0625, 0, 0.25, 0.25
;)

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-05-09, 08:09 AM
How can I change a Hatch from drafting to Model
and the hatch pattern is not in the .pat files?
If you don't have the drafting pattern, it can't be changed;) , but have a look in Revit 9, you can scale an imported *.pat file.
THIS IS VERY COOL

blads
2006-05-09, 08:10 AM
Nice little tip... thanks Mike

dhurtubise
2006-05-09, 12:06 PM
If you got the hatch in AutoCAD, import it in Revit then explod. It will show in your Fill Pattern

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-05-09, 12:30 PM
If you got the hatch in AutoCAD, import it in Revit then explod. It will show in your Fill PatternJust remember to delete the exploded AutoCad Hatch:)

Elmo
2006-05-09, 12:44 PM
If you don't have the drafting pattern, it can't be changed;) , but have a look in Revit 9, you can scale an imported *.pat file.
THIS IS VERY COOLThe problem Mike is that we don't have the .pat file that mark is looking for. So how do we find it and then change it?

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-05-09, 12:58 PM
Clint...

Maybe I am having a long day...but, if you don't have something, how would you attempt to change it
:screwy: :screwy:
Is it a pattern already in your RVT file?

Elmo
2006-05-09, 01:35 PM
Clint...

Maybe I am having a long day...but, if you don't have something, how would you attempt to change it
:screwy: :screwy:
Is it a pattern already in your RVT file?That's correct and we aren't sure sure how to access it. I know to get the standard ones but this one seems to have been brought in a while ago and now we can't find the .pat file.

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-05-09, 01:46 PM
From the help file:
Default Revit Building fill patterns are stored in the revit.pat file and revit metric.pat in the Data directory in the Revit Building Program Group. Revit Building Metric.pat contains various metric masonry patterns and iso patterns.

You might have to get this off the original creator of the rvt file, they would have had this pattern file.
Close the file and click, FILE>show history, click on the file name. It should help to show who created the file.
This is probably from one of those bulky templates.

BTW I always thought you were the hatch pattern owner of all hatch patterns?
You must have similar or the same?:lol:
what is it called, i will see if I have something similar and post it....
Later....

Elmo
2006-05-09, 02:03 PM
From the help file:
Default Revit Building fill patterns are stored in the revit.pat file and revit metric.pat in the Data directory in the Revit Building Program Group. Revit Building Metric.pat contains various metric masonry patterns and iso patterns.

You might have to get this off the original creator of the rvt file, they would have had this pattern file.
Close the file and click, FILE>show history, click on the file name. It should help to show who created the file.
This is probably from one of those bulky templates.

BTW I always thought you were the hatch pattern owner of all hatch patterns?
You must have similar or the same?:lol:
what is it called, i will see if I have something similar and post it....
Later....

Silly I don't have all the hatch patterns out there. If that was true I would make a bloody fortune selling it to unsuspecting people for millions !! :veryevil:

I'll speak to mark and try and see if I can find out more about the hatch pattern.

Cheers !

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-05-09, 04:27 PM
cool dude.
Let me know

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-05-10, 04:28 AM
Hey Reviteers

Well now I'm back in the office for an hour or two.

Thanks Clint for explaining the problem on my behalf.
Mike this is the .rfa file and there are a couple of patterns in here that we don't have.
Have a look at them see if you can retrieve them but I tried every thing I know.

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-05-10, 06:25 AM
Thanks for all the help

I got hold of the person that had the .pat files.
Now it's a breeze to change them to Model.

Don't you just think Revit is the best.

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-05-10, 04:27 PM
Thanks for all the help

I got hold of the person that had the .pat files.
Now it's a breeze to change them to Model.

Don't you just think Revit is the best.
Cool dude, the only other way I thought you could get this done was to export to dxf and import in a hatching programme and saving as a *.pat.
I do think Revit is the best, but sharing is better;)