PDA

View Full Version : BOM for residential

CADMama
2006-05-09, 01:59 PM
What are folks using for residential BOM?
Does anyone have any examples they could share?

CADMama

tc3dcad60731
2006-05-09, 03:53 PM
I have a couple of "Multi-Category" and a few seperate schedules. Nothing fancy at all, just listing doors, windows, electrical, etc. Nothing noting squares of shingles, siding, or stud qtys! My contractors prefer to do that themselves.

CADMama
2006-05-09, 04:31 PM
I have a couple of "Multi-Category" and a few seperate schedules. Nothing fancy at all, just listing doors, windows, electrical, etc. Nothing noting squares of shingles, siding, or stud qtys! My contractors prefer to do that themselves.
I have a designer/contractor that wants it all.

Any one else have any ideas?

CADMama

ron.sanpedro
2006-05-09, 11:39 PM

I wonder how many contractors say they want to do it themselves because they got tired of getting wrong information in the hand drafting and cad days. I think Revit has the potential to address the issue, especially if you can provide a contractor with the formula used to calculate the takeoffs.
Just a thought.

Gordon

JamesVan
2006-05-10, 04:16 AM
CADMama,

If you have a Revit model, you can open a new project using the Construction-Default.rte template and copy-paste any of the QS schedules into your own project. They have them pre-made for just about every category.

DoTheBIM
2006-05-11, 01:04 PM
I have a designer/contractor that wants it all.

Any one else have any ideas?

CADMama
Send them to us. We do it all. See PM.