PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible in Revit

Chirag Mistry
2006-05-09, 02:38 PM
A collegue of mine had this question today and I was wondering myself if this is possible.

He is designing a stadium that has these retractable seats. We created a family for the seats and it all works great, now he wants to add a toggle switch which say when on shows the seats in an open position and when off shows them in the retractable position.

Can we do this ?

Thanks

Elmo
2006-05-09, 02:42 PM
A collegue of mine had this question today and I was wondering myself if this is possible.

He is designing a stadium that has these retractable seats. We created a family for the seats and it all works great, now he wants to add a toggle switch which say when on shows the seats in an open position and when off shows them in the retractable position.

Can we do this ?

ThanksWith a little tweaking and a few formula's I'm positive that it can be done.

archjake
2006-05-09, 03:23 PM
Yes, look up the visibility control for families.

tc3dcad60731
2006-05-09, 03:49 PM
My suggestion would be either visibility control or Design Options!

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-05-09, 04:35 PM
create a Yes/No Parameter in the chair family.

On the Visibility of the seat in position "down", mark the visiblity as down.
Vice versa for up.
You will have to create both solids (up and down)
it would be cool to do this as an instance parameter, so that you can toggle some off and some down

patricks
2006-05-09, 06:25 PM
I think you would have to do 2 separate yes/no parameters, one to display the seat bottom down, and the other to display the seat bottom up.

Chad Smith
2006-05-09, 08:32 PM
create a Yes/No Parameter in the chair family.

On the Visibility of the seat in position "down", mark the visiblity as down.
Vice versa for up.
You will have to create both solids (up and down)
it would be cool to do this as an instance parameter, so that you can toggle some off and some downThis is the way I'd be doing it, and as an instance parameter.