PDA

View Full Version : Opening in walls don't display what's behind them.

hdjohnson
2006-05-10, 06:52 PM
I've loaded a standard opening (under door's in Imperial Library) and placed in a stacked wall. The problem is that when a look at an elevation or section view the windows and wall behind doesn't show up. However, in 3D it looks correct. Anyone else have this problem?

I thought the stacked wall was the problem; however, this problem occurs in a basic wall.

bmiddleton
2006-05-10, 06:55 PM
Check the view depth of your elevation mark.

hdjohnson
2006-05-10, 07:00 PM
Already did this. The View depth starts at the front of the building and extends to the middle of the building. This area is well within the view depth.

Eric Stewart
2006-05-10, 08:36 PM
In the family of the opening select the opeing sketch. Look at the Options Bar. Make sure "Transparent in Elevation" is checked.

I've loaded a standard opening (under door's in Imperial Library) and placed in a stacked wall. The problem is that when a look at an elevation or section view the windows and wall behind doesn't show up. However, in 3D it looks correct. Anyone else have this problem?

I thought the stacked wall was the problem; however, this problem occurs in a basic wall.

hdjohnson
2006-05-10, 09:34 PM
In the family of the opening select the opeing sketch. Look at the Options Bar. Make sure "Transparent in Elevation" is checked.

That was the problem! Thanks for your response.