PDA

View Full Version : Underlay shows wrong plan

Andre Baros
2006-05-10, 09:13 PM
We're using underlays for reference on a project. 3 story residential. The first floor and basement each have the underlay set to the second floor (orientation set to plan). The basement shows the second floor correctly but the first floor shows the roof plan instead. What setting could affect this? View depth is set correctly and identically on each floor.

BTW, each other floor shows correctly as an underlay on the first floor only the second floor displays either at the wrong height or as the wrong plan. Before I submit this, what am I missing?

Rhythmick
2006-05-11, 02:19 PM
I had the same issue with the roof overlaying instead of the level I had set a few days back, I was working on a Ranch and not a two story. I will be checking this post for development.

I am on vrs 9, Build 20060328_2300

jcdecastro
2006-05-11, 06:20 PM
I had a similar situation when there was an acad link left in the model (below grade) and I had just made site pads at multiple levels. The link kept showing up when underlays were on. I dont know if there were other variables, the project was on worksets and pretty large at the time.

Rhythmick,
If you are going to be linking rvt files any time soon you might want to upgrade to the newer version.

Jose'

blumarble
2006-07-25, 10:19 PM
I'm having the same problem with my Foundation plan. When the underlay is set to First Floor it shows the Second Floor. When set to Second Floor it shows the Roof Plan. When set to Roof Plan nothing shows. Could the elevation of the Foundation Plan (a minus elevation, 5" below the 0'-0" First Floor elevation) have something to do with it? Has anyone found a solution?

mschroeder
2006-09-06, 04:52 PM
Has anyone confirmed this as a bug. I'm seeing strange underlay behavior that is NOT related to overlapping view ranges (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=7150411&linkID=3770375) .

In my case floor slabs are covering the underlayed level elements. I've reproduced it in the attached file. (R 9.1)

If walls go up to the level above, all underlays will be correct. If the walls are shorter, they will not show up in the underlay. They will be hidden by floors :shock: