PDA

View Full Version : Roof Not Tagging

ctc
2006-05-10, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know how to add a tag to a roof?

I can't get it to tag in any view.

chris.hitchcock.nz
2006-05-11, 02:48 AM
You don't seem to be able to tag a roof in 8.1 or less (In 9.0 you can apparently) we make "dummy" annotations that look like tags and paste them round, and change them to suit. Not exactly what you want to be doing, but it works (or get 9.0!!)

ctc
2006-05-11, 01:00 PM
I am using 9.

blads
2006-05-11, 01:14 PM
I was under the impression roofs aren't tagable (?)

christo4robin
2006-05-11, 03:07 PM
Checked help and google - don't think it is possible. I wish we had a tag that would identify slope of each roof face.

sbrown
2006-05-11, 03:28 PM
Its one of my long standing pet peives you can't tag all assemblies in revit. They gave us floors a couple releases ago, but still no roofs.

ford347
2006-09-13, 09:41 PM
I was suprised to learn you couldn't tag a roof in Revit. You can schedule it?! Why wouldn't you want to be able to tag it. I have made a roof schedule to calculate roof surface are, roofing squares and just some other misc. useful 'in-field' information, then I realized I might want to tag the different roofs so it makes sense when doing roof zones for attic vent calcs....just got into it and realized the tag doesn't work!? Weird.

Josh

sbrown
2006-09-13, 11:42 PM
I have asked for this for years and haven't heard any reason why its not been implemented. Its the last assembly left in Revit that is untaggable. Maybe there are only a few of us that would tag a roof. But I love my system notes and would just love to have them "live".

cek
2007-08-03, 04:33 PM
I just hit the no roof tag wall with Revit 9.1 Has this been resolved yet?

DoTheBIM
2007-08-03, 07:28 PM
Hmmm.... Never thought to check on that with the new version. Just did and yes it has been resolved in RA2008. Great job factory. Although not for tagging the individual roof pitches. Not sure they can do that without a complete overhaul o fthe roof object and tool that's is needed sorely. Don't get me wrong its pretty good for quick representation, but doesn't help much when it comes to accurately modeling the construcion of a roof. Any way here's a quick roof tag to call out the type.

ejburrell67787
2007-11-12, 03:18 PM
Hmmm.... Never thought to check on that with the new version. Just did and yes it has been resolved in RA2008. Great job factory. Although not for tagging the individual roof pitches. Not sure they can do that without a complete overhaul o fthe roof object and tool that's is needed sorely. Don't get me wrong its pretty good for quick representation, but doesn't help much when it comes to accurately modeling the construcion of a roof. Any way here's a quick roof tag to call out the type.

Whew saved my life with this post! :lol: I just remade a roof number tag by changing the category of a wall tag...

Thanks! :beer:

dgreen.49364
2007-11-12, 06:54 PM
I guess I'm in the minority on this one. It never occured to me to tag a roof. Over the course of a project, even a large project, you might have 2 or 3 different roof assemblies. Not worth it to tag it and schedule it, IMO. We use a narrative roof assembly description on the roof plan and call it done. If we need quantities for a roof assembly we can do that with no need to tag or schedule.

sbrown
2007-11-12, 07:11 PM
Thats exactly what we do, so you need the tag, ie the roof type, like a wall type will be tagged R1 then there is a schedule that describes R1 is Shingle over paper over,blah, blah, blah.

Same with our walls. W1, etc.