PDA

View Full Version : Is Revit still writing to network "_log" folder?

Fishmonger
2006-05-10, 10:57 PM
I upgraded to V9 last week, but when I went in this week to clean up the network
"_log" folders for our workset projects (almost all) I found no new entries.

Typically I have found gigabytes of old files in these folders, especially if I wait to do a
quarterly cleanup. I expected to find something here though, even after a week.

Did I do something wrong or did Revit's storage/creation of these files change?

JamesVan
2006-05-11, 12:51 PM
We've noticed the same issue. Waiting to hear from the factory.

Phil Palmer
2006-05-19, 09:42 AM
Any news on this from the factory ?

I found this a good way of seeing what users had STC'd recently and a quick guide to any failures could be seen at a glance.
I have no way of knowing now ?

christopher.zoog51272
2006-05-19, 01:25 PM
Any news on this from the factory ?

I found this a good way of seeing what users had STC'd recently and a quick guide to any failures could be seen at a glance.
I have no way of knowing now ?We heard back that they stopped writing them, no reason given.

You can use the show history tool to get the same effect.

Steve_Stafford
2006-05-19, 02:00 PM
There is this guy named "Bill" (name changed to protect the guilty) who is to blame! He thought that a 20 MB project file having a log folder that was 6 GB was too much and asked for them to be removed. His wish was granted, thoroughly :wink: While I'm playing a bit with reality (as usual) the reality is that these _Log folders could get huge and they needed to do something!

Since working in 9 I've not seen the _Log folder appear on a new project using Worksharing.

Phil Palmer
2006-05-19, 02:22 PM
oh dear !
now that's a shame
Surely they could introduce some 'cleanup' method similar to journal files
Going to History just takes an age compared with a quick view in explorer to see who last saved.
Bring back the Log files Please !

Fishmonger
2006-05-19, 02:23 PM
I can't say I'll miss them. Just wanted to be sure I didn't need
them somewhere down the line. Since I use the show history tool,
these files had become just another maintenance item.

Thanks for the update.

christopher.zoog51272
2006-05-19, 02:56 PM
Going to History just takes an age compared with a quick view in explorer to see who last saved.agreed, I find opening another session of Revit to do the history check saves time.

but still the log files would be nice.