PDA

View Full Version : Revit 8 Titleblock

masonjur
2006-05-11, 03:28 PM
We just started using Revit 8. I am in the process of creating our Titleblock. The information that I need to know is:

1) In revision schedule, can you stack the catagories on top of each other so that it reads like this

Rev # Rev description By
Date

2) Is there a way to show empty cells in the revision schedule?

3) So far all I have read in the forums is that there is no way to turn off a rev cloud without turning off it's tag. Is this still true or has anyone found a way around this?

4) Also is there a way to list sheets as sheet # under sheets in Project Browser like this

Cover
AS-1
A-1
A-2
S-1
S-2
M-1
E-1

instead of alphabetical order.

5) Under view properties, properties, and project parameters, is there a way to eliminate the defaults that are showing?

6) How do I link multiple Rev Tags to one line in the Revision Schedule?

7) Is there anything in Revit that acts like the DEFPOINT layer in Autocad?

Any and all input is appreciated for this newbee

masonjur
2006-05-11, 06:19 PM
Please help I am very confused

sbrown
2006-05-11, 06:52 PM
4) Also is there a way to list sheets as sheet # under sheets in Project Browser like this

Cover
AS-1
A-1
A-2
S-1
S-2
M-1
E-1

instead of alphabetical order. yes, create a parameter in you drawing list called draw order or something like that, then put a number in that for whatever order you want the sheets to show up in, then hide that column so you don't see it.

5) Under view properties, properties, and project parameters, is there a way to eliminate the defaults that are showing?

6) How do I link multiple Rev Tags to one line in the Revision Schedule?

7) Is there anything in Revit that acts like the DEFPOINT layer in Autocad? no

Any and all input is appreciated for this newbee[/QUOTE]

SkiSouth
2006-05-11, 06:57 PM
Welcome to AUGI. Glad you've decided to use Revit. If you are going to use Revit, why not start with 9.0 rather than the 8.0 titleblock? That said, you've asked a lot of questions which is a good start.
Have you worked the tutorials with Revit? If not you will need to do that. The questions you are asking are actually not easily answered without an understanding of families. While I'm not sure about the revision cloud question,a cursory review of all the other questions can be accomplished in Revit (except 7 - you can't think of Revit with layers).

To find answers, you can use search to look at all the threads of AUGI quickly. Your titleblock questions are basically "How do I do this". Many different ways, but review these threads on titleblock parameters. Your questions are very similar to many that have been asked and discussed.

Review these, and come back and ask your question again. Limit your thread to one question at a time. The ones you asked would probably take about 10 pages of discussion to fully answer.:)

So start HERE (http://forums.augi.com/search.php?searchid=472580) and see if these threads help you down the road.