PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Sorting/Grouping Headings

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-11, 03:55 PM
I have a schedule sorted by level and would like to have the level headings in my schedule use a name different than the name that appears on my level datum. It's not the column headings themselves but the actual sub-headings used in grouping/sorting the schedule. Any thoughts?

Wes Macaulay
2006-05-11, 06:19 PM
In this case, unless you use text (!!!) to blank out or replace the headings on the sheet, I don't know what else you can do...

abarrette
2006-05-11, 06:32 PM
Just add a parameter that you use to sort by and enter the value you want to show in the sub-header. Right now you are sorting with 'Level'. Create a parameter for the value you want in your schedule headers then sort by that field. I still suggest that you filter by 'Level' to ensure you get the right information. You will have to enter the information in manually for each object, each door in this case, but that is fairly easy to do within the schedule. It's messy but gets you what you want.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-11, 07:01 PM
Thanks Aaron,

I did try that but I guess I was in a slightly sleep deprived state, (or the fact that I was trying to do it for someone else right in front of them) but I couldn't get it to work. I'll have to give it another go.

Wes Macaulay
2006-05-11, 08:16 PM
Yikes! That sounds like a lot of work -- having to do it for every door...

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-11, 11:00 PM
I think that's why I may have rejected that as a realistic option before.

abarrette
2006-05-12, 03:44 PM
As far as I can see it's the only option other than changing the level datum. Like I said... messy, but it gets you what you want. Once the field is entered in the schedule you should be able to window select a plan view and filter down to your doors. At that point you should be able to enter the value you want in that field for all of the doors on that level through the properties dialogue. That's the fastest way to enter the value manually for same type objects. I didn't necessarily mean one by one manual entry. Sorry for being unclear.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-12, 05:26 PM
Not unclear at all Aaron. I think that's not too bad so I'll suggest it to the parties involved.
Thanks