PDA

View Full Version : How to tell what is referencing which levels?

patricks
2006-05-11, 07:05 PM
I just had to move the height of one of my levels, and I need to know what all in my project is referencing that level so I can adjust their heights back to where they were. Is there any way to find out what elements are referencing a particular level, be it reference level for floors or roofs or ceilings or tops or bottoms of walls, etc.

Steve Mintz
2006-05-12, 04:00 PM
For roofs and floors, I'm thinking you could use a schedule, using the "Level" and "Offset from Level" fields to sort and find the elements in question. You could potentially use a multi-category schedule to find all elements.

For walls, and anything else that is attached, as best I can tell you're up a creek :-( Hopefully though, almost every wall is attached to a roof or floor, instead of a level.

Wish I could help you more.

Jos Arpink
2006-06-12, 07:32 PM
Revit Structural user here, but I think this applies equally to RB.

Exporting the Revit model to an ODBC database will give you the information you need.

I don't understand why Revit's built-in schedule functionality doesn't include Base or Top Constraint as a field by which you can filter/sort walls. It would be very useful in multi-storey buildings.