PDA

View Full Version : How to find height of intesection of steel with roof

anankivell
2006-05-11, 08:41 PM
Hi, I am a newbie to this forum and hope someone can help.

The situation is that I need to find a height to top of steel where the roof hits a grid line of a curved wall. As this is a mono pitched roof the profile of the arc created by the roof is shaped something like the bottom part of a fishes mouth (hope that makes sence) and therefore the the colums are different heights. Does anybody know of a way in Revit to get an accurate height of these intersections.

Shaun v Rooyen
2006-05-12, 07:05 AM
Fortunately Revit allows you to cut sections of your model. You can also cut as many as you wish. If you cut a section at the intersection all you have to do is measure the height.

New in R9 is the ability to attach the top or bottom of columns so you dont need to measure the height..

anankivell
2006-05-12, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the reply, I have been working on it today and been using the method you described. Didin't know that you could attach columns to roof though, that idea. I think I was just suffering a few nerves in providing information to the engineer on critical dims and could not see the wood from the trees as they say. Cheers for your info, appreciated