PDA

View Full Version : Rotating a plan/model

aaronwsmith
2006-05-12, 01:33 AM
Once you have already placed your model in a certain spot, is it possible to rotate the entire thing? I've just tried to select everything and just use the rotate command, but then i get constraint problems. And the reason for wanting to rotate is because my building is set long ways down the page and i need it turned to fit on a horizontal title sheet. So does anyone have the solution to my problem?

DanielleAnderson
2006-05-12, 04:17 AM
Once you have already placed your model in a certain spot, is it possible to rotate the entire thing? I've just tried to select everything and just use the rotate command, but then i get constraint problems. And the reason for wanting to rotate is because my building is set long ways down the page and i need it turned to fit on a horizontal title sheet. So does anyone have the solution to my problem?

Ah, okay, so you need to make your crop region visible. Then select your crop region and rotate it and it will rotate your view.

aaronwsmith
2006-05-12, 04:36 AM
Ok, well might you be able to tell me where i find the button to turn on th crop region for the ground floor to rotate the entire building?

blads
2006-05-12, 05:54 AM
With your cursor in the drawing window, type in "VP", or click on View > View Propertites. Then under "Element Properties" click the check box tilted "Crop Region".

then adjust as required...
HTH

ejburrell67787
2006-05-12, 07:46 AM
If you select the view as it is placed on the sheet and click on properties there is also an option to rotate the view on the sheet.

Max Lloyd
2006-05-12, 09:06 AM
great little tip Danielle. I hadn't seen that before.

Max.

Lashers
2006-05-12, 09:18 AM
With your cursor in the drawing window, type in "VP", or click on View > View Propertites. Then under "Element Properties" click the check box tilted "Crop Region".

then adjust as required...
HTH . .Or at the bottom left'ish of your revit screen you will see a crop button which if you click will expand to three buttons - no crop/hide crop/show crop - click the one you want - show crop - and like magic!!

blads
2006-05-12, 09:31 AM
. .Or at the bottom left'ish of your revit screen you will see a crop button which if you click will expand to three buttons - no crop/hide crop/show crop - click the one you want - show crop - and like magic!!oh way :cool: I didn't know that was there... thanks heaps

DanielleAnderson
2006-05-12, 03:34 PM
great little tip Danielle. I hadn't seen that before.

Max.

Wow...really? I never end up with sites where north is up...how do you all do it? Do you rotate true north or something?

Steve Mintz
2006-05-12, 04:05 PM
If you select the view as it is placed on the sheet and click on properties there is also an option to rotate the view on the sheet.
I agree, I think this is the option aaronwsmith is looking for. If this also needs to be coordinate with models from other disciplines at a different angle, you could also change True & Magnetic north I believe.

muttlieb
2006-05-12, 04:24 PM
Wow...really? I never end up with sites where north is up...how do you all do it? Do you rotate true north or something?
I do residential, and the convention is to have the main entry face the bottom of the page. But as you point out, it rarely works out that north is up. So yeah, I use the rotate true north tool so the building is oriented on my site plan correctly.