PDA

View Full Version : Structural framing elements showing in plan

chriscooper
2006-05-12, 02:06 AM
I was working in my model when I moved a floor level and then from that point on if a structural member that joins onto the main columns is attached then it shows in all plans no matter what the view range is....

There was no problems prior to the foor level change.

I have reloaded the columns and replaced the members but still no joy. Any ideas out there.

patricks
2006-05-12, 03:30 AM
Are these like steel beams showing in your plan?

I noticed the other day that if I placed a steel beam with reference level set to finish floor, and I specified the distance above the floor, like 10 feet, then the beam would show in plan (probably has to do with the top of the view range being above the beam or something).

However if I placed the beam by specifying the distance below my bearing height (bearing height as the reference level) then the beam did not show in plan.

So check to make sure the beams' reference level isn't the floor. Also make sure that when you place the beams you don't have the reference level set to your floor level.

chriscooper
2006-05-12, 04:53 AM
Beams are associated with a reference plane in the roof so I assume there is no association with the ground floor

ejburrell67787
2006-05-12, 07:35 AM
Easy solution is surely to switch off the structural beams category in that view...?

mmodernc
2006-05-12, 09:55 PM
I have same problem. Could possibly use the new filter function if there are split levels and there are beams you would see as well as the ones you wouldn't. Give the beams you don't want to see a reference number /letter that allows you to set a filter and turn that to not visible-uncheck visibility box-in the plan view's visibility dialogue. Don't forget the new show behind dotted function.

Works fine - I used the ref level as filter