PDA

View Full Version : How do you import & export palettes in 2007?

cadkiller
2006-05-12, 02:01 PM
Group;

How do you import palettes in 2007?
I don't see the import and export commands anymore in the tool palette customize menu.
Did they eliminate this feature and put it some where else?

gdaniels
2006-05-15, 07:10 PM
See my post earlier it ssems they have not included the .xpg group import for ADT2007

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=37473

Cad4men
2006-06-08, 06:15 PM
Try right clicking on the Palette Name, in the Customization window, see if a Pop-up box appears.
Unless you are running ADT.

cadkiller
2006-06-08, 06:37 PM
I have found out that the import / export feature was primarily meant for AutoCAD.
ADT uses the Content Browser; which isn't so user friendly IMO.
I believe if you load the acad.mnu file for ADT, this feature will become available.
It was available to me when I had ADT 2006 on my system.
I haven't tried it myself and probably won't load this menu file; since I recovered my previous palettes with the Content Browser and don't want the acad menu file this time around.

I still have some old palettes that I created from previous ADT versions and am struggling with getting them all back and in working condition. They should have an easier means for recovering palettes from previous versions. If someone has the time to explain to me how to retrieve my previous palettes. It would be greatly appreciated. I have the ATC files and the images. Can these be imported some how?

hnewman
2006-07-12, 08:59 PM
I agree. Open ADT2006 and drap and drag your palettes into content browser, then Eye-drop them onto your 2007 palette. You can do this because you can open '07, drag your tool palette out and then close 07' and open 06'

I have found out that the import / export feature was primarily meant for AutoCAD.
ADT uses the Content Browser; which isn't so user friendly IMO.
I believe if you load the acad.mnu file for ADT, this feature will become available.
It was available to me when I had ADT 2006 on my system.
I haven't tried it myself and probably won't load this menu file; since I recovered my previous palettes with the Content Browser and don't want the acad menu file this time around.

I still have some old palettes that I created from previous ADT versions and am struggling with getting them all back and in working condition. They should have an easier means for recovering palettes from previous versions. If someone has the time to explain to me how to retrieve my previous palettes. It would be greatly appreciated. I have the ATC files and the images. Can these be imported some how?

Steve_Bennett
2006-07-13, 06:04 AM
You shouldn't need the content browser at all. Just place another path in Options-> tool palette settings to point to your old folder. I'm not sure what will happen if you go to try and use these palettes in the older version after doing this though. If you've completely moved on for your office then I don't see why you couldnt do this.