PDA

View Full Version : HELP another user and I changed the same element

patricks
2006-05-12, 02:25 PM
My co-worker was working at home on some millwork in a worksets projects and in-advertently adjusted a wall in her local file that I also adjusted here at the office. Now when she came in today and tried to save to central it said her file was not compatible because the same elements had been changed (the element is now deleted on my end and in the central file because the design changed). It will not show specifically what elements were causing the fault, but we know that one wall is at least one of the offending elements.

She did a ton of work yesterday with millwork elevations. Is there any way to get around this, other than she re-creating ALL her views and having to copy/paste over a bunch of stuff? We tried deleting the ceiling and wall in the central file but it still won't let her STC.

Any ideas please, we're about down to the wire here.

sjsl
2006-05-12, 03:39 PM
Just a thought, you could take here work (if that's the most up to date) and create a new central file. Perhaps detaching and renaming into new file.

patricks
2006-05-12, 05:10 PM
no because my boss and I both made changes to the central file while she was doing work at home. It's okay, she was able to copy and past everything into the central file.

Scott D Davis
2006-05-13, 02:07 PM
A workset file should always be able to to ping the central file over a network. Taking a file home to work on it is always extremely risky on a workset project.

patricks
2006-05-14, 11:20 PM
Yes I know, if we ever get Windows Server with remote access going it will be alot better, but right now it's what we have to do to get this project done.

irwin
2006-05-15, 02:43 AM
My co-worker was working at home on some millwork in a worksets projects and in-advertently adjusted a wall in her local file that I also adjusted here at the office. Now when she came in today and tried to save to central it said her file was not compatible because the same elements had been changed (the element is now deleted on my end and in the central file because the design changed). It will not show specifically what elements were causing the fault, but we know that one wall is at least one of the offending elements.

She did a ton of work yesterday with millwork elevations. Is there any way to get around this, other than she re-creating ALL her views and having to copy/paste over a bunch of stuff? We tried deleting the ceiling and wall in the central file but it still won't let her STC.

Any ideas please, we're about down to the wire here.
There must be other elements that changed in both. If you can determine which elements were changed in both and delete all of them (in either the central or local file) then it should Save To Central after that. (A way to delete the elements without actually losing much work is to Cut them and Paste Aligned Same Place -- this effectively deletes the element and creates a very similar element.)

I don't know of any easy way to figure out which elements changed in both. You might try this. Make a backup copy of both the local and central file. Delete whole swaths of elements until it allows the save to central. Now, restore from the backups and do it again with a subset of those elements, etc., until you've narrowed it down to just a few elements.