PDA

View Full Version : Trees and Planting (moved here)

rhys
2003-06-03, 04:24 PM
one of the wishlist items is for an improved plant editor. The accurender sytem works well for redering but does not relate well to the supplied Revit (3 only) families height can be adjusted but spread (diam) can't. One of the RUGI tree families can be adjusted in width in plan only.
Has anyone produced a work around to produce a tree family which can be changed in width, height, in plan and elevation. It seems a scale function would help here, another wish list item. The only way I can think of doing this is to make a lot of separate tree families of various sizes with scaled dwg. elevation and plan views.
Has anyone done this? anyother work around?

This post was moved here from User Issues since it's really looking for help rather than a resolved defect or bug. "Q"

PeterJ
2003-06-03, 05:09 PM
Cotswolds, Rhys?

I thought you were in Putney or somesuch.

I had a play with a tree back in prehistory. I'll see what I can dig out for you.

P

rhys
2003-06-03, 05:23 PM
Hi again Peter
Moved to the sunny Cotswolds beats Mortlake, but I have to drive to clients in London!!
Help with trees would be useful I have a planning application in Hillingdon with a lot of trees that need height and spread modelled fairly accurately, well enough to convice the planners I can keep them :twisted:
Rhys

PeterJ
2003-06-04, 09:25 AM
OK Rhys there is a very simple tree attached, the name being a give away. It sort of models in 3D and is semi transparent so that you can leave it swithced on in elevations. I never did much work with it but it looks okay on plan and is parametric.

It is linked to one of the standard Accurender trees and if you need to play with this you can go into the plant editor and change height, spread and all manner of items to make English looking trees, but it is time consuming.

If this doesn't do what you want there are a couple of hand drawn and scanned trees available on RUGI but they are not parametric.

You do HA work right? So are you dealing with Chris Buckham at Hillingdon? He is one of their development people. Who is your planning officer?

P

Why do I always do this? You didn't... "Q"

rhys
2003-06-04, 09:53 AM
:) Thanks again Peter, you came up with the goods!!
That will do fine I can always add some additional dwg graphics to elevations if necessary The extra parametrics were what I was looking for.
R