PDA

View Full Version : Keynote object - leader control issues

christo4robin
2006-05-15, 03:52 PM
I'd love to be able to annotate a drawing with keynotes, place them with the text "type" of the keynote family, then once they are placed, switch them to the number type. But, when I do that, the leaders get all snafu.

I've made my own version of the keynote family with the text and numbers left justified, but it behaves the same way. Anyone have any insight into how the leader interacts with either the labels or the reference planes in the family - I'd love to have a keynote object that I can switch between number and text without having to do leader maintenance on them.

christo4robin
2006-05-15, 11:52 PM
Anyone have any thoughts? I'm at a loss.

jcdecastro
2006-05-16, 03:11 PM
There are two things you have to do.
One is edit the keynote family so that the Label that is linked to the keynote text (which is left justified) is to the right of the left line of the box for the boxed type. The arrow always starts from the geometry so it will start whereever the box is, even if there is no box in the Keynote text type....it just works that way. Use the tab key to make sure you select the correct one.
Two....you can use the options bar once you have placed the keynote to change it from attached to free this will allow you to move around the arrow if you want to.

Also remember to rightclick, properties under the keynote families in the project to change your arrowheads.

Hope that helps.

ford347
2006-05-20, 08:43 PM
Thanks for that tip about the leaders, this one was on my mind.

I don't like how the text is controlled though. I am pretty particular about my leader placements and how clean it looks on the drawing, (easier on the eyes in the field) and not being able to adjust the text box is really a slow down. If the text wraps, then the leader does not snap to a horizontal plane, you have to zoom in and eyeball it. It would be nice if there was a way to control the text as if it were text with keynotes. I like using the number on every tier down to the actual detail view, then I like to go back to text for field use purposes, so if anyone has a way to do this, I'd love to know about it.
Thanks again!

christo4robin
2006-05-21, 12:20 AM
Josh, that is what I was getting at in my initial post. I think this is just one for the wishlist at this point.

eldad
2009-10-13, 02:26 AM
Keynote behave in a very strange way in Revit, problem is that no one knows what keynotes suppose to be, are they tags? the developers keep refering to keynote as a tag, it is referenced to the loaded tags, though it is never in the loaded tags (never was).
I wish keynote could behave like a real tag.
the finishes tag leader can snap to vertical and horizontal just like text leader does.
I waste so much time trying to get keynote leaders to align, drawings always end up messy...
Common Autodesk, let's dedicate some time to get useful drafting tools in Revit, we have been asking for years...

nsinha73
2009-10-13, 04:56 PM
Draw 2 Ref. Lines. One on Top of the Original Ref. and One at the bottom...Make Sure they are exactly equal.

eldad
2009-10-13, 11:08 PM
nsinha, I don't think I understand your solution and how it works, care to elaborate? thanks :)

nsinha73
2009-10-14, 03:40 PM
Hi Eldad,
You see that the Leaders are trying to Justify itself to be in the center of the Keynote Box and Text. So when you use the Numbers, its ok, but when you change to Text, depending if the text is either Bottom Justified or Top Justified, your leader will try to center itself to that wrapped Text.

eldad
2009-10-14, 10:36 PM
Thanks nsinha,
the issue is not where the leader is snapping to, it's the fact that it never snaps to the horizontal or vertical, and I spend so much time trying to get it as close as I can.
question is: why every other tag behaves as it should and Keynote don't? what is the difference between a material tag and a keynote tag??
anyone from the factory cares to explain please?

thanks,

Kevin Janik
2009-10-14, 10:39 PM
Nsinha,

What happens with your example when the text in the keynote ends up with multiple lines? Does what you do help with the placement of the leader?

Kevin

jdagen4
2011-11-04, 05:20 PM
I love Revit, but really Autodesk, can you be proud to tout a software that has so many of these little bugs and wish list items? It doesn't make the software real look real great to the people who have to pay for it in my office.