PDA

View Full Version : Gridlines and Callout views

dbaldacchino
2006-05-15, 06:20 PM
I'm working on a project where the grid and structure are on a separate rvt file being worked on in Revit Structure 3. This project is linked into the RB model. I noticed that when doing a callout view (to blow up an area to a larger scale for instance) in RB, the grid bubbles also show up at a certain distance from the boundary of the callout. I love this feature, but would like to know whether there's some global setting to change how far the bubbles reside from the edge of the callout view. I couldn't find anything about this.

Regards,
Dave B.

dbaldacchino
2006-05-15, 09:40 PM
I'm attaching an image to better explain what my question is. Notice for instance on the right side of the cropped callout view how the grid bubbles show up at a certain distance from the edge of the view. The original grid is drawn with bubbles placed outside the building boundary, but in a callout view, the bubbles are automatically located at "x" from the edge. What governs this?

Mr Spot
2006-05-15, 09:46 PM
AFAIK, if a datum crosses a crop region it will always snap to around this distance at first from the edge of the crop. Don't believe there is any setting that i know of to control or edit this distance and is most probably hard coded into revit.

dbaldacchino
2006-05-16, 02:40 AM
I see. I just wish you could do callouts that have an irregular shape, such as a user defined polygon (by clicking individual points). That would be my tool of choice to split large buildings in different areas to create my plan sheets. It would eliminate a lot of headaches from our structural group trying to create a grid file with bubbles located at the right position so they're visible only in certain plan areas. The "irregular " callout would do all the work. We're not about to resort to designing perfectly rectangular buildings :)

Thanks Chris!