PDA

View Full Version : Schedule - Inconsistent Units

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-15, 11:32 PM
Any way to get the value for a calculated field to have a prefix or suffix?

New area (measured in m2) - Existing Area (a dumb numeric value entered as a separate parameter) = Net change in area (calculated field)

Once I get the values consistent in my formula, the m2 suffix dissappears.

thanks

christo4robin
2006-05-15, 11:49 PM
Dimitri, could you add a calculated paramter that will be in a hidden column that multiplies your "dumb" number * 1m2 to make it into a true area? Then do your 2nd calculated value from that?

LRaiz
2006-05-16, 02:47 AM
Any way to get the value for a calculated field to have a prefix or suffix?

New area (measured in m2) - Existing Area (a dumb numeric value entered as a separate parameter) = Net change in area (calculated field)

Once I get the values consistent in my formula, the m2 suffix dissappears.

thanks
What seems to be the problem?
If ExistingArea is defined as parameter of type Number then your formula should be
NetChange = NewArea - ExistingArea * 1m * 1m (assuming dumb values are in m2)
Once NetChange formula is defined you can activate Format tab, uncheck Use Project Units and select your prefered formatting.

On the other hand I think it is better to define ExistingArea parameter to be of type Area rather than dumb numbers.

HTH

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-16, 07:05 AM
Leonid,

Both those tips did the trick. I've never had to define a parameter from a number to an area so I wasn't aware that you could just multiply twice to obtain m2 units. I also redefined the existing area parameter as type area and that is definitely the easiest approach. (not sure why I didn't do this to begin with :Oops: )

Great stuff! I love this software. Thanks again Leonid.