PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Stair - use the top grip to set the height

dhurtubise
2006-05-04, 03:15 PM
I got my block almost working, except for the main grip. I want to use the top right grip to "stretch" the stair and then fix the riser. This one is design to use 3 risers.
If anyone has an idea, feel free to comment

Chris.N
2006-05-04, 03:45 PM
I got my block almost working, except for the main grip. I want to use the top right grip to "stretch" the stair and then fix the riser. This one is design to use 3 risers.
If anyone has an idea, feel free to commenthave you browsed the 'sharing' thread at the top of this forum? i made a stair in there. download that and check it out. the problem you're having is that the node is for the nosing and is only going 1/x (# of risers) the distance you need. i like your approach of chaining, but if you want the grip to stay with the geometry, keep it at the tread parameter it belongs to.

dhurtubise
2006-05-04, 04:49 PM
Unfortunately your stairs are for plan view, mine is section view. I'm trying to make it reverse, meaning that the last thread would be controlling the other but i havent succeed.

dhurtubise
2006-05-16, 11:36 AM
I've created that stair but i would like to be able to use the top grip to set the height. I can't get it done. The cool thing is that once i got the recipe i will be able to add the number of risers need.

Thanks for your help

Chris.N
2006-05-16, 01:38 PM
is that the same stair as HERE? (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=38722)

dhurtubise
2006-05-16, 01:44 PM
Ya but no answer so i tried again. I also sent it to support ?

Chris.N
2006-05-16, 03:29 PM
Ya but no answer so i tried again. I also sent it to support ?well, i answered.... :(
unfortunately, i think what you want (and everyone else for similar timesavers) is a few releases down the road. if you want the node to work as you want, you have to have stretch actions divisible by the number of risers. a number of DB'ers have tried this same puzzle without success also. the answer seems to be vis states for the number of risers needed, or use a lisp routine. Sorry you aren't finding the answer you need here, please keep us posted if you find one.

Wanderer
2006-05-16, 05:18 PM
you can just reply back to your original thread to bump it back up into the limelight if it hasn't been replied to in a while... :)

Ya but no answer so i tried again. I also sent it to support ?

Chris.N
2006-05-16, 05:46 PM
Unfortunately your stairs are for plan view, mine is section view. I'm trying to make it reverse, meaning that the last thread would be controlling the other but i havent succeed.THIS (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=234574&highlight=stair#post234574)one is not set to plan view... check it out :)