PDA

View Full Version : Options Question

Griff
2006-05-16, 03:00 PM
I am remodeling an area within an existing facility. I have the existing walls/doors drawn and then I have my options for remodeling the new construction. My question is:

How can I have options for certain existing walls/doors to be removed in one option but have those walls/doors remain in other options and maybe have walls that were remaining in that option be removed in other options?

It's pretty easy to do options for new construction, but I'm having a hard time being able to figure out how to option the demolition.

This is probably really easy and I'm just too not seeing it.

christo4robin
2006-05-16, 03:05 PM
Dave,

Untested solution. Don't have time right now to figure out if I'm right, but.... You'll need to have the objects in question exist in each option. Select, cut, edit option, paste aligned. Do this as many times as necessary and then while editing each option do the demo selection.

Griff
2006-05-16, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Chris. I'm still testing your suggestion, but so far I think you hit it. I need to get these options out real quick so I REALLY appreciate the quick help. I owe ya one.

irwin
2006-05-18, 03:39 AM
Select, cut, edit option, paste aligned. Do this as many times as necessary and then while editing each option do the demo selection.
Rather than using cut and paste a simpler way to add the elements to the options is to use the Add To Option Set command. This will add to all the options in the Option Set at once (or only those you check).