PDA

View Full Version : Hide hatch

Steve Mintz
2006-05-16, 05:37 PM
By now, everyone's pretty fancy using the lineweight tool to hide & adjust the appearance of drawings.

Say that I have a beam shown in section that I don't want to appear. So wisely I use the invisible line tool, and tab to select the entire beam. (See photo 1)

Well, while the line is hidden, the hatch remains. Anyone know how to hide the hatch too? (See photo 2)

eddy.lermytte
2006-05-16, 06:03 PM
go to the Properties of the beam > Edit/New > Duplicate > Name it > Change Fill Pattern to > No Pattern.

Steve Mintz
2006-05-17, 04:05 PM
go to the Properties of the beam > Edit/New > Duplicate > Name it > Change Fill Pattern to > No Pattern.
Okay, I think what you're saying is I could duplicate the material and change its fill pattern to no pattern, yes?

That would work great if I didn't want the hatch to show up in all views. I guess what I'm saying is while invisible line tools work well, it would seem there's a bug with them conceptually. When would you ever want to hide the outline of a beam and leave its hatch?

My question to everyone is: Does anyone have a workaround to hide the hatch of an object in one, and only one view?

TIA

ctaho
2006-05-17, 04:42 PM
Couldn't you use a filled region?

brd
2006-05-17, 05:23 PM
Are you trying to turn off ALL beams, or just one? If you need to turn off all the beams in that view (or if there's only one in the first place), just turn off the strucural elements in the Visibility Graphics menu for that particular view. Also, we keep our structural elements on a separate workset anyway, you could probably just turn that workset off in the Visibility Graphics.

Joef
2006-05-17, 06:15 PM
If you need to turn off a single beam you can save yourself a lot of hassle by using filters. Easiest way I can see would be to select the beam you wish to hide and place a note in the comment field such as "hide me". Then create a filter with Structural Framing as the category and comment field equals "hide me". Go to visibilty graphics, load the filter and uncheck the visibility.

Joe

lafe
2006-05-18, 01:27 PM
We normally work with worksets. I would make a workset for that beam that I can turn off in the view you are talking about.