PDA

View Full Version : Shared Parameters - Can use in Key Schedules?

mzabritski
2006-05-16, 08:42 PM
I'm trying to use shared parameters in a key schedule. The parameters have been inserted into the project and are being used for other items in the project including tags and regular schedules. When it comes to using them in a key schedule, they dont seem to be available. Is this a limitation of Revit (9)?

FYI, what we are doing is this: I've created shared parameters called N finish, E finish, S finish, etc... that are assigned to rooms. This way we can schedule them in the finish schedule and tag them using a tag in the room. We are also using a schedule that is set up to use room styles called from a key schedule. Right now that key schedule is using project parameters to define room styles which are then assigned to rooms in the schedule and fill out the N, S, E, W finishes automaticly.

I guess I seem to be stuck. I can use project parameters for the N,S,E,W finishes and have the key schedule fill out the regular schedule automatically, but not be able to tag them, OR I can use shared parameters so that I can tag the parameters, but not use them in a key schedule.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to do this? (Create a tag that can read custom project parameters?)

dbaldacchino
2006-05-17, 02:46 AM
For "custom parameters", you use Project parameters, which can be shared parameters or just project parameters defined within the project. if you want to be able to schedule the parameters AND use them in tags, you have to use shared parameters. As for key schedules, shared parameters are not available, even if you add them as Project Parameters.

Key Schedules are a great tool, but I wish we also had the capability of using them in tags (they are a parameter after all). Being able to use shared parameters would be great too.

mzabritski
2006-05-17, 02:57 PM
Yeah, that is what I was afraid of. Oh well, it would be nice if we could integrate it so it all works together, but at least what we have is workable... just not as nice as it could be.

In reality, it seems that the whole scheduling / finishes / interiors part of Revit is a bit lacking. While it works well enough, it would be nicer if scheduling room finishes worked in a "Revit" way and not an Architectural Desktop way.