PDA

View Full Version : Revit Building 9 Plot Files

jason.combs
2006-05-17, 01:32 PM
I am trying create plot files from Revit 9 and convert them to PDFs with Acroplot Pro. Why, you ask?

We have 22x34 sheets for the purpose of using a laser printer to generate true half-size sets at 11x17. When we create the full-size PDFs and try and send to a laser printer, Acrobat Reader wants to slap the printer's margin on top of the margin created in the PDF. This consequently creates a reduction of 48%, not 50%.

However, when I create .plt files, there is not border created then, only the one create through Acrobat Reader during printing. Thus yielding an appropriate 50% reduction from full-size.

Therefore, I am trying to create PDFs from plot files to avoid this problem. I can create the plot files and send them to our Xerox 5510 without issue. However, I can't seem to convert them using Acroplot or view them with other packages.

Does anyone have tips, trick, or ideas?

TIA

BWG
2006-05-17, 02:08 PM
AEPlans.com has a system where that is what they do. You print to 22x34 and the contractors can print at 11x17. They have some software for their system, but don't know if you can use it outside the system. When I was looking at it, the printing was to a tiff file.

aaronrumple
2006-05-17, 02:14 PM
No need.
Change fit to page to none or explicitly to the size reduction you want.

LRaiz
2006-05-17, 02:30 PM
Alternatively you can generate 50% PDFs directly from Revit by making a setting that Zooms 50%. and then printing this PDF at 100%.

BWG
2006-05-17, 02:43 PM
It looks like they are scanning in sealed 22x34 and want to print 11x17 copies at 1/2 scale for other reasons such as bidding. If so, will your laser printer not handle this properly? I would test out my KIP, but I don't have 12x18 paper tray yet, but I think I have the options in settings from the printers software that will allow me to do this since the margins would be the same.