PDA

View Full Version : Problem Creating Record Drawings (As-builts)

gmatheson.88942
2006-05-17, 06:51 PM
I'm fairly new to this program so my problem is probably easily fixed but I just don't know how to fix it. I am laying out pipe work (water, sanitary and storm) using survey files we receive from site. I am snapping the pipes to the nodes of the survey file but when I list my pipes they do not have the proper "z" value. The difference in the "z" values are not consistent either. After the pipe is drawn I have to go back and grip each piece to the node of the survey point and then it is correct.

Does anyone know what the problem with this might be. Thx in advance.

MHultgren
2006-05-18, 02:36 PM
The best way I have found to make sure that the pipes are at actual elevation and coordinates is to set my OSNAP to NODE (and clear all others) before doing any edits. Depending on what your other OSNAPS may be, you could be getting APPINT, PERP or NEAREST. OSNAP other than NODE do not necessarily pick up the Z values of an object automatically.

gmatheson.88942
2006-05-18, 03:34 PM
Ya, I've done that already and still no success. I thought I fixed the problem this morning by changing the "rules". I created a new RULE style with no min. cover and it seems to be getting closer but not close enough. I will be messinhg around some more this afternoon. There has GOT to be a way to do this.