PDA

View Full Version : Save to Central (Again)!

mark_a
2004-06-01, 07:00 AM
Hello,
When I save to central, sometimes a message is displayed that says "Saving is not allowed while a dialogue pop up is open", or something similiar. Then a "You do not have permission to edit the element" pop up will have appeared. The file is not saved, and I have to save to central again.
By the way, I close down all views but one and save locally first, then save to central.
Is there a way to ensure that no dialogue boxes are active prior to saving to central?

mark_a

sbrown
2004-06-01, 03:31 PM
Try reloading latest worksets first. If that completes try the save again. If it still fails, try checking out all the worksets(views and everything) then add another piece of geometry. then try the STC again. If it still fails its time to send to revit.

Wes Macaulay
2004-06-01, 07:53 PM
If you've got crankyness and you know all your work has been saved to central, ditch your local file, and copy the central file from the server to your hard drive using Windows explorer. Rename and open it -- you'll get a warning about the central file being moved, and that Revit will now assume that this file will be your local file.

Sometimes we see reconciliation problems between central and local files and this is one way to make sure that this is not going to be a problem for you.

JamesVan
2004-06-11, 02:28 PM
Hello,
When I save to central, sometimes a message is displayed that says "Saving is not allowed while a dialogue pop up is open", or something similiar.

I've seen this happen when someone else on the design team started save to central and walked into a meeting. If there was an error, or a prompt to make something editable, it prevents all others from saving to central until it is cleared.

Wes Macaulay
2004-06-11, 03:46 PM
Whoa. Good tip, James. Never even heard of that one!

mark_a
2004-06-17, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the help,
It seems the Reload Worksets prior to Save to Central has solved this problem.
Thanks again,
Cheers,
mark_a