PDA

View Full Version : Split the areas in Schedule

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-05-18, 01:07 PM
hey Reviteers

I need to split my areas in my schedule, meaning my rentable area should be in it own Column, the outside area in there own column & last but not least the store area should be in it's own column.

Here is a excel sheet of what I need to do.

Hope you can help.

dhurtubise
2006-05-18, 03:53 PM
I don't see the issue

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-05-18, 03:56 PM
I don't know how to get the areas in there own columns.
As I showed in the excel file.

dhurtubise
2006-05-18, 04:00 PM
Can you post the file ?

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-05-18, 04:04 PM
Sorry can not post the file the file is too big.

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-05-19, 04:28 AM
But what I can do for you guys is make up a smaller file.
Ok done

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-05-19, 06:28 AM
Hey Marky Mark:)

Why don't you use a Yes/No Parameter to define what is outside, and what is inside.
Have your area col behind that.
The easiest way is to just duplicate the schedule, add a filter (1 for outside) and another schedule (for inside)
Makes life easier, and it would be clearer as 2 schedules.

(I see Willem owns shop 4 from the XL spreadsheet:) )

willem.92199
2006-05-19, 10:12 AM
Thanks Mike!
That's what I also told Mark to do..

swissclive54638
2006-05-19, 11:33 AM
Sorry it's taken a while to answer this, but it took a little bit of working out.

Basically, all you need to do is add a "location" instance parameter to your room tag. Make sure it's a number, and give your outside areas a value of 1, inside a value of 2 and stores a value of 3.

Go to your schedule fields and add the location parameter. Then add 3 calculated values; outside area, inside area and store area. In each one, set the type to "Area" and add the conditional formula "if(location = 1, Area, 0 m²)" for the "outside area", if(location = 2, Area, 0 m²) for the "inside area" and if(location = 3, Area, 0 m²) for the "stores".

What you'll get is a schedule with 3 area columns as attached.

If you don't want to see the Area or Location columns, just change them to hidden.

May not be exactly what you're after, but hopefully it helps!

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-05-19, 02:32 PM
Thanks that works.
Enjoy the weekend.

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-05-21, 08:18 AM
Sorry it's taken a while to answer this, but it took a little bit of working out.

Basically, all you need to do is add a "location" instance parameter to your room tag. Make sure it's a number, and give your outside areas a value of 1, inside a value of 2 and stores a value of 3.

Go to your schedule fields and add the location parameter. Then add 3 calculated values; outside area, inside area and store area. In each one, set the type to "Area" and add the conditional formula "if(location = 1, Area, 0 m²)" for the "outside area", if(location = 2, Area, 0 m²) for the "inside area" and if(location = 3, Area, 0 m²) for the "stores".

What you'll get is a schedule with 3 area columns as attached.

If you don't want to see the Area or Location columns, just change them to hidden.

May not be exactly what you're after, but hopefully it helps!
One for the TIPS 'n TRICKS section I would believe.....
Nice one Swiss Cheese!!!!8)

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-05-26, 08:49 AM
Ok now to take it to the next step.

I'm doing a wall schedule and would like to schedule the amount of bricks in my different walls and that i"m getting right but it still schedules the 220 and 110 wall in there own column and in each others 2.

What must I do to stop them doing this.

swissclive54638
2006-05-26, 11:08 AM
As conditional formulas only allow numerical and yes / no values, I think you'll have to find a numerical parameter within the wall family that you can use.

It was easier with the previous room tag situation, as you could add a numerical parameter within the family and use that in your schedule formula. As far as I know, you can't add parameters to wall families..........although I'm probably wrong!

Anyway, if you use the Cost parameter (as each wall is likely to have a unique cost) then, being a numerical value, you can use it in your schedule formula. So, say there are 55 bricks per square metre in a 100mm wall, set the cost parameter and use the formula "if(Cost = <enter cost of wall here>, (Area / 1 m²) * 55, 0)". in a field named 100mm Wall Brick Count.

It seems a bit of a fudged solution, and there must be a better way.........but it's the only one I can think of.

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-05-29, 12:24 PM
Thanks for that one again Swiss Cheese

And have now played around with it and just to make it a little easer for myself to work with I work with the width of the wall.

The formula reads as follows
(Area/1)*if(Width<220,55,0)

Thanks for all the help.