PDA

View Full Version : Align and Join Geometry

mwagenbach
2006-05-18, 09:34 PM
Just wondering if anyone else gets the Align and Join Geometry buttons mixed up ever? Maybe I'm just crazy but the icons look very similar... sometimes confusing for visual people like us.

-Mike

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-18, 10:20 PM
Try using keyboard shortcuts instead of icons. By default AL for Align. Join geometry is not set up by default, but it's easy to change

Melarch
2006-05-19, 11:42 AM
You mean the image attached to your cursor displayed on the screen when you select and apply the align tool versus the Join Geometry button image on the tool bar. Never!

Mel Persin, AIA

dpollard909366
2006-05-19, 07:09 PM
No. Now get back to work Mike.

Steve_Stafford
2006-05-19, 08:25 PM
This thread made me laugh.

Everybody I meet these days assumes that people love buttons and icons instead of plain ol' words. The other day I ran across someone who has turned of the labels on the tool bars and I couldn't find the commands I wanted because I realized I have no idea what the icons are or mean without really focusing on them!! I don't react to the icons in Revit at all...I either know where they (the buttons) are or rely on the words next to them. So I'm lost if I don't see ALIGN!!

There are also commands I have never used from the menus because they are on the toolbars or design bar and when someone asks where they are under the menu I'm occasionally puzzled for a second or two, then figure it out. It is just interesting to me how we get comfortable with various things.