PDA

View Full Version : Detail callouts

patricks
2006-05-19, 01:34 PM
I really need some of my callouts where I reference other views to say SIM, but other callouts where I'm actually referencing the part where I place the callout I do not want any label beside the callout head. Is this not possible to do?

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-19, 06:19 PM
Simply create another callout type. Select the callout, edit/new, go to type properties and under Reference Label don't put any text

LRaiz
2006-05-19, 07:24 PM
I think the functionality requested by patrics is supported out of the box witout any workarounds. Real callouts don't show Sim while reference callouts do. I just tried it with 9.0 . Am I missing something?

patricks
2006-05-22, 02:48 PM
Somebody took off the SIM from the detail callout for referencing other views, probably when doing some millwork details. So I tried to create another callout type with a SIM label, but when I select a callout and try to change its type, it will not change at all.

It would be nice if I could get some callouts with a OPP HND or SIM OPP label, which I can create the type, but it won't let me change the callout to that type.

I also tried creating a callout that references another view, and I changed the type to my new type with the SIM tag, but yet when I draw the callout, it places the one without the SIM tag. :banghead:

ajayholland
2006-05-22, 03:47 PM
I think the functionality requested by patrics is supported out of the box witout any workarounds. Real callouts don't show Sim while reference callouts do. I just tried it with 9.0 . Am I missing something?

We also encountered this problem recently. Perhaps the "Sim" text field could be converted to an instance rather than a type parameter.

~AJH

LRaiz
2006-05-22, 05:10 PM
Attached is callout head family that comes with 9.0; it should help you understand how to make your own. I suspect the trick is to use Label > Reference Label instead of Text note for Sim text.

From my point of view a convenient approach would be to make a parameter and create several types for various spellings of reference label. However at the moment 9.0 does not allow creation of additional types of callout head family. I don't know why.

I think as a paying subscriber you can open a service request, inform the designers about your problem and request an improvement for a way how multiple spellings of reference label are supported. Then current Revit designers would consider your idea of instance parameters along with other alternatives.

archjake
2006-05-23, 02:43 AM
This is a hard one for me to explain. A view entity like a drafting view can only have one Ref label associated with it and is controlled by its type.

If you have a few different types set up the only way to change it is to find the view in the browser. Right click on it, and then change the type.

Somewhere back about Version 6.5 this was changed to its current state and has not worked well ever since.

Ideally it would be an instance parameter so it could say Typ, Sim, Or OPH, etc. when referencing the same view.