PDA

View Full Version : Revit 9 demo blocking Autocad server license problem?

blumarble
2006-05-19, 04:02 PM
We are planning to implement Revit. In just the last two days several of our drafters installed Revit 9 in demo mode. One has had no problem, but two of them did; the next time they rebooted and tried to start Autocad 2006 they got an error about Autocad not finding the server license (?) and it wouldn't run. They had to uninstall Revit and run "repair installation" on Autocad from the control panel, and they were able to recover Autocad with all their settings.
Our IT Manager has a call in to our vendor. Has anyone else seen this problem or might have an idea as to what's going on and how to fix it? We really want to get drafters here started with learning how to use Revit. Thanks!

cphubb
2006-05-19, 04:53 PM
We had a similar problem. There is a license file in the AutoCAD directory that may get changed when Revit or Series is installed. If you open and edit that file your server installation should work again. I suspect you situation is a little different however as our Autocad is actually Revit series so we only have the 1 license file on the server for both products. You probably have different files for each app.

Just a note R9 requires the latest version of the ADLM. If you have not upgraded and reinstalled your licenses that may contribute to the problem.

Scott D Davis
2006-05-19, 11:00 PM
If they downloaded from the web, make sure they installed Revit Building, and NOT Revit Series. Revit Series comes bundled with AutoCAD 2007, and use the same license. Sounds like they may have installed the Series demo, which could affect the Acad licensing.

blumarble
2006-05-20, 04:27 PM
No, it was was Revit Building not Revit Series, and it's Autocad 2006. It occured to me that not everyone may have the Acad 2006 Service Pack installed. I'll have to check when I get back into the office. Could this have any effect?