PDA

View Full Version : Pantone Color Selector Not Available

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-19, 11:34 PM
These recent threads about Pantone color matching led me to try some stuff out and I have noticed that I no longer have access to the Pantone color selector when I open the material dialogue or the color fill dialogues.
I just tried to reinstall Revit and no luck. I searched 'pantone' and didn't find any reference to it on any other machines. I have found that it doesn't work on both 8.1 and 9 installs, and I know it was working before.
I just bought a new laptop and don't think I've used Pantone colors since... could that have any bearing?

Update: did some checking and the Pantone selector shows up in other applications (MS Publisher) so I am thinking of ruling out graphics card. Still :?

mcuevas
2006-05-20, 12:16 AM
Are you accessing it through the materials editor as shown in the attached image?

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-20, 12:25 AM
Anywhere you can access colors (defining materials, defining color schemes for color fills, graphic overrides etc). The color selector dialogue comes up and allows me to choose RGB colors or colors from the pallette. When I click on the Pantone button, the title bar in the window grays out (like it's not the active window anymore) but the Pantone dialogue and copyright notice does not appear.

mcuevas
2006-05-20, 12:30 AM
You wouldn't happen to have or have had dual monitors on that system would you?

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-20, 01:58 AM
Mr. Cuevas, you are brilliant!:beer:

(Long story warning!)
I don't/didn't have dual monitors but when I first set up my laptop I was doing a demo using a projector and, apparently, when upgrading from Windows Home to Windows Pro Toshiba laptops lose their functions keys so I had no way of getting the laptop to display the projector and my laptop display. What I did do is use the 'virtual desktop' (2048x1536) and have the projector on one side of the virtual desktop. Your comment flipped the switch and I found the dialogue hiding way out in virtual space. All I needed to do is drag it back over the Revit main window and then reset the desktop. Rather odd that it stays out there but, it does.

Thanks very much.
Chalk up another one for the Forum.