PDA

View Full Version : Stacked walls problem

WT-09
2006-05-20, 02:11 PM
Hi everybody.
I have a problem attaching a stacked wall to the roof. The thing is when I attach the wall it looks like all the segments of the wall go to the roof not just the top of the wall. The result is incredible mess. I have 3 segments in that wall: CMU, Brick on wood stud and siding on wood stud. After I use attachment tool every single part goes up. Same thing in 8.1 and 9.
Did anybody have something like this? Please, give some advice.

christo4robin
2006-05-20, 05:22 PM
I have not used stacked walls much - only for tile in bathrooms. If all efforts with the stacked wall fail, you could just create three separate walls and do the stacking yourself - understandably not ideal.

Have you submitted a support request to the factory?

christo4robin
2006-05-20, 05:47 PM
Just did a test to see if I could recreate your problem. This is 9.0 and it worked in this file. See attached.

tamas
2006-05-20, 06:09 PM
Sorry to hear your troubles. We do have some problems attaching stacked walls in certain cases.

Just break up the problem stacked wall. (Right click menu has "Break Up" command). Once broken up, you can attach/detach each subwall independently.

Tamas

WT-09
2006-05-20, 08:04 PM
Thank you guys.
I think I will have to go with the break up option. Actually I didn't know that stacked walls could be broken up like that. It's a shame they are not locked together after the break up. Will have to do it manually. Thanks again.
Talk to you later.

stuntmonkee
2006-05-23, 11:48 PM
see this post. . .this was version 8.1, but I dont things have changed.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=26676

patricks
2006-05-24, 02:07 PM
Just stay away from stacked walls altogether. Alot less headache and alot more control overall. :)

swissclive54638
2006-05-24, 02:17 PM
I'll second that. Stacked walls are a nightmare! You spend all day getting them right and then as soon as you start to edit them, they throw up all sorts of errors and unpredictable results.