PDA

View Full Version : TTF Font with Symbols

jsr13
2006-05-20, 02:23 PM
We have recently purchased RS3 (Revit Structure 3) & I'm in the process of getting organized before deployment. I'm looking for a font that includes either or both of the following:

some of the more common symbols like centerline, plate, angle, and fractions (maybe)
an architectural hand-lettered font (similar to the likes of Archquik.shx, Architxt.shx or Archtitl.shx)

Are there any fonts out there & available with both of these qualities?
If so, are they freely distributable or for purchase?

I would really like to retain the use of the special characters that we use all of the time, even if it means that we have to distribute a specific font to our clients for correct viewing.

Can anyone offer some insight?

Thanks in advance.

david.kingham
2006-05-22, 02:25 PM
Once I have the time I will be adding the symbols to the architxt fonts i have

jsr13
2006-05-22, 11:09 PM
Thanks, David, but please do not do it on my account. Do you have TTF fonts with those names? Are they freely distributable or do you have to buy them? I could not find them anywhere.

You know, that might not be a bad idea for the Revit Wish List: for Autodesk to convert some of the more popular autocad fonts to TTF so we can use it in the vertical products that they want to steer everyone toward.

Thanks again.

blads
2006-05-23, 01:05 AM
I'm fairly sure this was a freely downloadable font (Handsf.ttf). Its not a bad hand lettering style font and it does have limited archie type symbols although more slanted towards the imperial bunch (ie no superscript 2's or 3's). Its a tad wide IMHO but it maybe just fine for you...

david.kingham
2006-05-23, 02:09 PM
Here's the Architxt font along with a narrow version and a dimension version that I created.

aaronrumple
2006-05-23, 02:35 PM
I'm fairly sure this was a freely downloadable font (Handsf.ttf). Its not a bad hand lettering style font and it does have limited archie type symbols although more slanted towards the imperial bunch (ie no superscript 2's or 3's). Its a tad wide IMHO but it maybe just fine for you...
This file is "Copyright c 1995 Dave Edwards Consulting".

aaronrumple
2006-05-23, 02:36 PM
Here's the Architxt font along with a narrow version and a dimension version that I created.
These fonts are Copyright (c) 1992, 1993 Digital Architect Software .

david.kingham
2006-05-23, 02:42 PM
lol Aaron the font nazi :D When I got this font I was told DAS was no longer in business, I haven't been able to contact them so I assume that is true

blads
2006-05-23, 02:47 PM
This file is "Copyright c 1995 Dave Edwards Consulting".Thanks Aaron - its probably been that long since I've used that font...

bowlingbrad
2006-05-23, 03:22 PM
Aaron the font nazi

NO REVIT FOR YOU... 1 YEAR.... NEXT!

jsr13
2006-05-25, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the fonts - it is the exact match for the autocad font that we use.

Somebody once told me that "everything goes back to a Seinfeld episode." You guys were right on time with that one!

Thanks to everyone. :beer: