PDA

View Full Version : moving cad details into revit

jcarrillo.75185
2006-05-22, 09:34 PM
what is the most used method for detail conversion?

Steve Hutana
2006-05-22, 11:51 PM
Option 1: Import dwg into Drafting view.

All I can say is mmmmmmmmm. By the time one mucks around with setting up and resizing txt, dims and lines etc etc etc.........you will have honestly drawn it in Revit

Option 2: Draw it up in Revit and then you have it! And it "really" fits your design.

Option 3: In Revit 9 you can save your details back to a Library for future use "Yummy"

Cheers

Chad Smith
2006-05-23, 02:01 AM
I assume your talking about converting your AutoCAD blocks to Revit views.
I agree with Steve that his option 1 is definitely a mucho sucko. This is a tedious and messy job.

I am currently in the process of converting all our blocks too, and I have found inserting the the AutoCAD block and then tracing over it is the easiest way. Also, you now have the option to improve your detail, and also use line styles and fill patterns that are already defined in your drawing.
And make sure after your hard work that you save your common 'standard' details into your detail library by saving out your detail view.

ajayholland
2006-05-24, 06:47 PM
Firms migrating from AutoCAD typically have a desire to convert their library of standard details into Revit. Depending on the complexity of the detail, a complete redraw may not be appropriate. I developed the attached outline as a guide for the procedure.
~AJH