PDA

View Full Version : Doors needing lookups?

whdjr
2006-05-23, 02:48 PM
I have a door and frame DB that I need some help with. The DB is a pair of doors. The doors can be in 4 positions: Full (170), Open (90), Half (45), and no door. The frame can be: Full center mullion, Removable center mullion, or No center mullion. The frame positions and the door positions are fully interchangeable. Any door position can be in any frame. I currently have a Visibility state set up for the door swings, but now I need to incorporate the frames into these conditions. Is there any way to simplify any of this using a Lookup action? I have seen lookups used with linear distances but I don't see that as my case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also the arc on the right leaf doesn't want to scale properly when used with the full mullion because it is 2" away from center. Any ideas on how to fix that as well?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.N
2006-05-23, 03:16 PM
wow, that's a lot going on in that block. i haven't the time at the moment to check out your block much, but for your scaling issue, you need to make separate actions with 'independant' basepoints for the opposite arcs. do a search in the 'sharing' thread for some of my doors so see what i've done with the doubles.

whdjr
2006-05-23, 03:33 PM
I tried making it with seperate actions with indep. basepoints but I still couldn't get it to work. I also looked for door blocks before posting but didn't see anything to help me. Maybe I just didn't find the right one.

Chris.N
2006-05-23, 04:13 PM
I tried making it with seperate actions with indep. basepoints but I still couldn't get it to work. I also looked for door blocks before posting but didn't see anything to help me. Maybe I just didn't find the right one.check THIS (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=287235&highlight=door#post287235)link, i found it using the forum search tools.

whdjr
2006-05-23, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I saw that one but all of your lookups are tied to distance parameter (unless I missed something) and I couldn't figure out how that would help me.

Chris.N
2006-05-23, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I saw that one but all of your lookups are tied to distance parameter (unless I missed something) and I couldn't figure out how that would help me.hmm, only thing i can think of that would get you most of the way there would be to reverse your vis. focus. i've done some pretty interesting things with wipeouts in faking out the view.

try making your mullions 'switchable' with the vis states and put rotate actions to the doors.... where the wipeouts come in handy would be to hide the arc..... but don't know how it would work well in your situation of it being greater than 90 deg.

this is one reason trying to get one block to do a lot can be a headache. let me know if you have any more questions, and i'll see if anything presents itself in my work.