PDA

View Full Version : Image Visibility

stilesj
2006-05-24, 02:35 PM
I would like to have a stamp area on my title block that allows me to swap out the visibility of various stamps, such as Preliminary and the seal. I was able to do this very well with text and objects, setting a visibility type parameter. However, I had to make the seal a raster image (because Revit won't support the small line detail). I don't see the same visibility options to use the raster image in the same "swap-out" way with the type parameters.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do this?

aggockel50321
2006-05-24, 03:03 PM
Import your image into a generic annotation family, load that family into your titleblock, and then insert it.

You'll be able to add the visibility stuff to the family.

I had to make the seal a raster image (because Revit won't support the small line detail).
Don't understand the issue here.

stilesj
2006-05-24, 03:10 PM
Thanks very much for this suggestion. I did try that and set everything up with that. However, when I then loaded the title block into the rte file, the image didn't show up at all, no matter how I set the visibility type parameter.
Have you tried it? Do you think I could be doing something wrong?

Re: the small line issue...try taking a detailed item, like a logo or something in CAD and either exploding it in Revit, or drawing the lines over the top with the pick lines tool. It will give an error that some segments are too small. Same happened to me with some small filled regions.

dpollard909366
2006-05-24, 03:19 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but always make sure the image is RGB instead of CMYK

stilesj
2006-05-24, 03:27 PM
It was actually an 8 bit grayscale image, but I then tried it as RGB, too and had the same issue...doesn't carry through to the rte file.

aggockel50321
2006-05-24, 03:53 PM
You're right Jenna, it doesn't carry through here either. You'd have it insert the family at the project level, rather than in the titleblock family, which probably defeats your purpose...

As for the short line issue, have you tried zooming in tighter, or changing the view scale to a larger scale? That, for myself, usually gets rid if that error message when trying to draw a short line segment.

dpollard909366
2006-05-24, 03:56 PM
one last thought - if you load the image into a symbol family... and then load the symbol onto the titleblock, will it work then...?

dpollard909366
2006-05-24, 03:59 PM
nope - still doesn't work... bummer

stilesj
2006-05-24, 07:19 PM
I got all excited to try your suggestion for the small lines, but unfortunately some lines wouldn't go no matter what.
I have been informed that Autodesk is working on this issue for a later release.
Ah, well.

stilesj
2006-05-24, 07:20 PM
Thanks for trying! I'll let everyone know if I find a solution!

dpollard909366
2006-05-24, 07:46 PM
NICE AVATAR BY THE WAY JENNA - TASTES LIKE BURNING!