PDA

View Full Version : Linked dwg's & Rendering

mwagenbach
2006-05-24, 02:53 PM
The attached image is of a rendering I did for a retail center. The original site plan was done in AutoCAD and then linked into Revit. In the shaded view, all of the lines and hatches from the linked cad file show up just the way they would in the cad file. When I render the image, the line work from the linked file disappears except for the hatches. In the image, the cross walk striping, driving arrows and handicapped stalls are all hatches in AutoCAD that rendered sold in Revit. (This is very helpful!)

I would like to have all of the stall parking lines (that are just normal lines right now in AutoCAD) render in Revit. I have tried to give them a thickness via the pline route but those did not render. Anyone have any other ideas on how to get the parking lines from AutoCAD to render in Revit?

-mike

aggockel50321
2006-05-24, 03:10 PM
You could insert and array the standard parking space found in the site library. It'll render.

mwagenbach
2006-05-24, 03:15 PM
Yeah that is a good idea but I was just wondering if there would be a way to get the lines from the AutoCAD file to render simply because they are already there.

dpollard909366
2006-05-24, 03:21 PM
maybe if they are closed loops in acad and form a mesh?