PDA

View Full Version : Help... Hot Keys???

Girlsrfast2
2006-05-24, 05:07 PM
Hey everyone im new to this whole Revit thing. I've been doing AutoCAD for 5 years and just getting into Revit. I am so used to shortcut keys and im wondering if revit has them...? Any information or help would be great...
Thanks So Much
Stephanie

Justin Marchiel
2006-05-24, 05:34 PM
yup there is something the same. you need to find the file: "C:Program FilesAutodesk Revit Building 8.1ProgramKeyboardShortcuts.txt" (or at least that is where it is at on my computer). open it up and start setting up your hot keys.

The difference between acad and Revit is that you can't add shortcut that don't appear on this list.

Hope this help! Congratulation on your journey to the dark side!

Justin

rodneyf
2006-05-24, 05:36 PM
Stephanie,
In the directory where Revit is installed is a txt file named KeyboardShortcuts.txt. In that file are your shortcuts also unlike AutoCad you do not have to hit the enter key after the second letter. Oh and yes most of the shortcuts by default are two characters. Welcome to the community and come back anytime to get answers or just to post a general concerns.

I see justin beat me to it.

Girlsrfast2
2006-05-24, 05:52 PM
THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!! I apperciate it... Im new to the program and pretty young im trying to learn quick. I worked at a firm that used acad for 3 years and i just moved to a new office. they use revit and im trying to adapt.
Thanks for your help...
Stephanie