PDA

View Full Version : Scope Boxes and Elevation Tags

dbaldacchino
2006-05-24, 05:14 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure the best way to manage tag visibility on different views and thought I'd try using scope boxes, but I'm not getting the results I expected. I'd appreciate if someone would tell me if my thinking is flawed or what I'm doing wrong.

For example, I have a set of elevation tags for presentation (colored) shaded elevations, and another set of tags for elevations that are on the document sheets. I created a roof plan view to be used as a key plan and created two scope boxes (almost identical size): "Presentation" and "Key Plan". Then I set the scope box property of the tags to "Presentation" or "Key Plan" as necessary, and set the scope box property of the view to "Key Plan". I selected the "Presentation" scope box and set an "Invisible" override for my view. The scope box is now invisible, but the elevation tags assigned to the "Presentation" scope box still show up. Is there something wrong?

dbaldacchino
2006-05-24, 06:21 PM
Wellll I think I kinda figured out why....if the scope box is intersected by the view cut plane, its visible in that view, together with associated tags. If the cut plane doesn't intersect the scope box, the scope box and associated tags don't show up. So, you could for instance organize tags to show on second floor views only by using a scope box that spans across the second floor, etc and associate them with it.

What doens't make sense to me is that if a cut plane intersects the scope box, but I set the scope box to be invisible in a view, the associated tags still show up. So in essence, I cannot use scope boxes to control visibility of tags between different plan views having the same cut plane. Is this how it works?!

aaronrumple
2006-05-24, 08:11 PM
Sounds like you've understood it all. Scope boxes are good for levels and grids, but I don't find them much use for sections and elevations....

bowlingbrad
2006-05-24, 08:35 PM
If you can get away with it, try phases. We try to set a Presentation Phase after New Construction. We then set up a view to "show complete" with the presentation phase.

This way the tags won't show up on anything in the previous phases. It has some limitations but, we like it better than scope boxes.

dbaldacchino
2006-05-24, 09:05 PM
Thanks a lot Aaron...I needed that assertion :)

Brad, I haven't experimented much with Phases yet, but I think I understand what you're achieving. It's almost like the "Hide annotation in views coarser than" that is available for sections (but not elevations!). I'll experiment with it someday soon. The "Hide Annotation in View" is the most viable solution.

Revit Developers, please let us make multiple selections and hide all at once instead of one by one!!