PDA

View Full Version : Height Rods

anankivell
2006-05-24, 07:30 PM
Hi does anybody use height rods on there drawings, i.e. a key showing coursing and associated sill levels etc? If so has would anybody like to tell me the best way of achieving this in revit?

Cheers

Justin Marchiel
2006-05-24, 08:04 PM
you could use reference planes for things like sill heights and horizontal elements. When i used to draw in the dark ages i used to actually draw the courses around my building and vertical, so that i could project the lines and know that i was right on. I image that you could use a repeating detail and do much the same thing. you might even use a detail group that just has ticks in it that represent your points.

I imagine that you might get lots of answers on this one. i think that you need to try and experiment with everyting and find what works best for you.

Justin

anankivell
2006-05-24, 09:07 PM
I'm quite new to being a technician and I am finding that there is always more than one way of doing something. I've been tasked with providing the coursing on sections as well as providing a height rod. A little experimenting required.

Thinking about it. If anybody has any examples of how they have illustrated height rods before that would help me a great deal.

Thanks for your post.